Thank you for visiting my website! My name is Preston Martin, and I am a release engineer from Sioux Falls, SD with a passion for all things DevOps and automation. I belive that strong delivery pipelines are the key to fast and effective software development. Please refer to the links above for any additional information. Feel free to contact me with questions that you have.
When I am not constructing cloud pipeline delivery systems, I enjoy spending time with friends and family and experiencing the crazy things that life has to offer. I am an avid soccer fan and player. You will often see me playing in both recreational and competetive leagues. I am also a huge sci-fi/gaming fan. In 2016, I was finally able to attend my first Comic-Con (as seen in the picture above), which will undoubtedly not be my last. I am always open to try new things especially when it comes to new types of foods (although nothing beats a good sushi roll
BS Computer Science
Minor in Mathematics
University of South Dakota
- Adv. Software Engineering
- Software Architecture
- Introduction to Theory of Computation
- Calculus II
- Algorithms and Data Structures
Assocciation of Computing Machinery -
USD Student Ambassadors
- Developed production application releases to AWS infrastructure. This was done through a C# application that used WinRM connections to download and execute remote server-side python and powershell scripts.
- Developed continuous delivery pipeline to internal testing servers. Components included SVN/Git repository, Jenkins build server, and Ruby/Chef scripting for server-side automation tasks.
- Documented release workflow and procedures with a key focus on pre and post conditions. Documenting these conditions allowed for explicit criteria to be defined and help create automated processes.
- Participated as a mentor in the first DocuTAP U Internship program. Through this opportunity, I was able to teach core programming concepts such as object-oriented design, encapsulation, idempotent scripting, and logarithmic complexity to my student intern.
- Utilized kanban and scrum to devise timely solutions and optimize team workflow.
- Initiated MVP concepts to help create premium product deliverables to stakeholders including integration testers, product owners, and outside consultants/customers.
- Devloped and designed an object oriented system to parse and store HL7 messages for lab and xray result interfaces. This OO system utilized .NET components incorporated with native Progress ABL.
- Created functionality to calculate e-cigarette cosumption amounts, and compare them to other tobacco sources to give accurate representation of patient smoking habits.